Monday, May 15, 2017

A personal immigration experience

I traveled for a time after my last military job. I supplemented my finances by periodically doing temp and seasonal jobs. I worked with a wide range of people, including a lot of immigrants (documented and undocumented). There were a number of times when the crews were mixed. It was telling to see how many of the white guys would drop off while more of the immigrants stayed the length of the jobs. I also found that immigrants were more consistent to work with because they had fewer personal problems. A substantial number of the white guys who would hire onto these jobs had alcohol and personality issues whereas most of the immigrants who I worked with were sober and well balanced people.

See an interesting TYT article about this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLf-gd8Rk2w&t=488s

No comments:

Post a Comment